Walmart employees can access their W-2 forms electronically through the Walmart One app or the WalmartOne website. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to download your Walmart W-2 form:
Starting in January every year, companies mail out W2’s to their employees by January 31st, the due date set by the IRS. The walmart W-2 forms typically get there by the end of January but there is a way to get your W-2 form quicker online.
Walmart Inc employees can find W-2 forms online from www.mytaxform.com. It is an online program which allows you to download W-2 forms. It also allows you to make correction and reprint.
What is a walmart W-2 form 2023?
A W-2 is referred to the wage and tax statement. It’s a form that shows how much money an employee has earned for the year and the amount of taxes the employers have already handed over to the IRS.
Some independent contractors and folks need a 1099 form instead. But if your employees made a tax year of up to $600, then you’ll need to send them W-2 by the January 31st deadline. Even if someone makes less than $600, that person must receive a W-2 .
This is a common mistake. If you have ever been confused between W-2 & W-4, just remember that employers send W-2 form to employees after filling them completely. Employees complete W-4 forms. The employee fills out a W-4 form to list deductions and gives employers an account of the amount of tax.
Walmart W-2 form 2023
W-2 forms are now moved to mytaxform.com. It is a new portal for Tax form management. Portal is accessible from anywhere. Open the website mentioned earlier to download W-2 or 1095C form. Enter your Employer Code in the login box. If you have forgotten the code, enter the name of your employer. Now you have to enter SSN and PIN.
[To get your PIN, open walmartone.com and find your gross pay from your latest pay stub. If your gross pay is $15326.85 then your PIN is 15326. You also have to complete verification by providing details such as home address or other details.]
More Details About Walmart W2
From the dashboard, open get your W-2 now and print it.
- Make sure you have the Walmart One app or have access to a computer with an internet connection. You will need the app or a computer to access the W-2 form online.
- Log in to the Walmart One app or the WalmartOne website. To log in, you will need your Walmart One login ID and password. If you do not have a login ID and password, you will need to create one by following the prompts in the app or on the website.
- Once you are logged in, navigate to the “Paystub” or “Pay and Taxes” section of the app or website. This section will contain your W-2 form.
- Select the W-2 form for the tax year that you want to download. You will be able to access W-2 forms for previous tax years as well as the current tax year.
- Follow the prompts to download the W-2 form. Depending on your device and settings, the form may be downloaded automatically or you may need to select a download location.
- Open the downloaded W-2 form. The form will be in PDF format and you will need a PDF reader to view it. You can use a free PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader to view the form.
How to get a copy of your W-2 form online?
With almost 100 million W-2’s available online, this year TurboTax and H&R Block have made importing your W-2 info easier than ever before! You can import your W-2 info directly from your employer.
TurboTax and H&R Block are both internet tax preparation sites. The forms are accessible for free download via online Tax filling.
You have the option to import your W2 into your tax return instantly. This service is fast, easy, and automatically places your information where it needs to go in your tax return.
How many W-2 forms do I need? Walmart W-2 forms
Employers make a total of 6 copies of the W-2 form. Three of those copies go to the employee, who files them with their tax returns. One of the remaining three copies are retained by the employee and the remaining 2 copies have to be given to the government.
If describe briefly, copy A goes to Social Security Administration (SSA) with a W-3 form that includes a summary of all the W-2s for every worker. The SSA doesn’t accept photocopies.
Copy 1 of the W-2 form goes to the appropriate state, city or local tax department. Employees keep Copy C for themselves. They file Copy B and Copy 2 with their federal tax returns and state, city or local income tax returns, respectively.
Check : WalmartOne Wire – One.Walmart.com
What goes on a W-2 form? Walmart W-2 forms
If you are an employer who is not clear how to complete a W-2 form, there is an official guide for you,
- An employee’s social security number goes at the very top.
- Directly below that is a spot for your identification number followed by your name and address.
- Then there’s the control number that you may or may not use for payroll purposes. It comes right before the employee’s name and mailing address.
Turning your attention to the boxes on the right side of the form.
Box1. place an employee’s annual earnings from wages and tips in this box.
Boxes 2,4 & 6. are for the federal income taxes, Social Security taxes and Medicare taxes.
Box 7. In this box the amount in tips that your employee reports to you get placed.
But the actual amount they receive goes in Box 8.
Box 9. has been blank since 2011 when the government did away with the pay-as-you-go option for the Earned Income Tax Credit. Now, eligible filers get their EITC in one big refund rather than over the course of the year.
Box 3. Here you indicate the amount of income that’s taxed for Social Security.
There’s no cap on taxable earnings for Medicare, so the amount that’s put in Box 5 takes wages and tips into account.
Box 10. Childcare expenses amount goes in this box.
Box 11. If a non-qualified retirement plan is withdrawn by your employee, that dollar amount gets placed in this box.
Box 12 might take time to fill because you’ll need to enter different codes and amounts depending on the benefits and additional payments a worker receives.
Box 13. has its own three boxes that you’ll check to indicate that your employee is part of your retirement plan, received sick pay from a third party and is a statutory worker.
Box 14. Any other deductions as tuition assistance and union dues, come under this box.
Box 15. Write your state and employer state ID number here.
Box 16. Is for an employee’s total earnings.
Box 17. indicates the state income tax amount that’s been withheld.
Box 18. All of the income eligible for local taxation must be placed here.
Box 19. Amount of local taxes goes in this.
Box 20. is for the specific name of the place that the local taxes are tied to.
Many Employers Have W-2 Lookup Online
The majority of businesses and military services, now provide W2s online. The forms can be downloaded for free. Your company will usually let you know they have made online based W2 import open to you.
Many Companies like these offer w2 lookup online:
- Pizza Hut
- Comcast Kroger
- Cracker Barrel
Help with your taxes
- As per the instructions you can transfer the information from your W-2 and other forms to your form 1040.
- If you want to get serious about your financial plan, consider working with a financial advisor.
I hope this guide has been helpful! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need further assistance with downloading your Walmart W-2 form.